Frequently Asked Questions

We have compiled a list of questions we receive from our customers.
If you are unable to resolve the issue, please feel free to contact us.

About Reservations

What are the details required to make a reservation?

The following information is required: date, time, office, desired class, driver’s name, contact telephone number, and whether or not a child safety seat is used. In addition to the above, an e-mail address is required for online reservations.

How many months in advance can I book?

We accept reservations up to two months in advance. If you would like to make a reservation up to two months in advance, please contact the store.

Can I specify the type of car when I make a reservation?

Basically, reservations are made by “class” of vehicle. If you have a specific car model in mind, please consult with the store.
Please note that even if we receive your request for a specific car model, we may not be able to meet your request depending on the situation on the day of the reservation (we will prepare another car model of the same class instead).

Can I still rent a car if I make a reservation on the same day?

Reservations can be made up to 2 hours in advance. Please contact the business office you wish to use. However, we recommend that you make reservations in advance, as some vehicles may not be available depending on availability.

How do I change or cancel my reservation?

Please contact the sales office that accepted your reservation. Please note that a cancellation fee may be charged in the event that a reservation is cancelled.

What should I do if I am going to be late for my appointment?

In the unlikely event that you are running late, please be sure to contact the store.
If you are more than one hour past your scheduled departure time without notifying us, your reservation will be cancelled and we may not be able to provide you with a car.

Can you arrange a driver?

By law, rental car companies are prohibited from driving, introducing or arranging for a driver. If you need a driver, please make your own arrangements.

Can I rent a car for a longer period of time?

It is possible. Please contact the sales office directly for more information.

About eligibility for use

If I forget my driver’s license on the day of the tour, can I still rent a car?

We cannot rent to anyone who does not present his/her driver’s license at the time of departure. Failure to carry your driver’s license is a violation of the Road Traffic Law. Please do not forget your driver’s license.

Can I rent a car with a provisional driver’s license?

Rental cars cannot be rented to those with provisional licenses. Also, please note that a rental car rented to a person with a driver’s license cannot be driven by a person with a provisional license.
In the unlikely event that a provisional licensee is involved in an accident while driving, the insurance and compensation system will not apply (the full amount will be borne by the provisional licensee).

I have an international driver’s license, can I rent a car?

You can use the service by presenting a passport and a valid international driver’s license, etc. in Japan, one of the following.
①international driver’s license:An international driver’s license issued by a member state of the Geneva Conventions in accordance with the forms of those Conventions. (International licenses issued by the Vienna Convention, the European Union, or other forms of international licenses will not allow driving in Japan.)
②Home country license and official Japanese translation:For the countries and regions of the Swiss Confederation, the German Confederation, the French Republic, the Kingdom of Belgium, Taiwan, and the Principality of Monaco, a driver’s license of the respective country and a translation in Japanese prepared by a person designated by government ordinance.
(International driver’s licenses issued by the above countries and regions are not valid for driving in Japan.)

When can I rent a car even though I have a valid driver’s license?

The following are examples of cases where the driver is under the influence of alcohol, the driver is different from the driver specified at the time of reservation, or the rental fee has been overdue or non-refundable at a previous rental. For details, please refer to the “Terms and Conditions of Charter Agreement.

About Vehicles and Options

Can I rent a baby seat, child seat, or junior seat?

Available for rent.The seat available will vary depending on the age and size of the child. Please check the link below for optional fees.*We ask that you do the installation yourself. Even if an employee assists you, please be sure to make a final confirmation of the installation.

Is the rental car equipped with a navigation system?

All cars are equipped with a car navigation system as standard equipment.

Are pets allowed on board? Are there any conditions?

We are sorry, but pets are not allowed to ride with us.

Is the vehicle equipped with an ETC on-board unit?

Some cars may not be equipped with this system because there is no expressway on Miyako Island.

Use (on the day of use – during use)

What procedures are required at the time of departure?

Please sign the rental agreement, present your driver’s license, and explain your insurance and compensation plans.

Will you teach me how to handle my car before I leave?

After completing the rental procedures, we will explain how to operate the rental vehicle.

Can passengers other than the person making the reservation drive the car?

It is possible.Driver’s licenses for all drivers must be presented at the time of departure.
In the event of an accident without presenting this information, the exemption from liability and other coverage will not apply, and the customer will be responsible for all costs incurred.

What should I do about fuel?

The car will be rented with a full tank of fuel, so please return the car with a full tank of fuel specified by the car manufacturer. If for some reason you are unable to return the car with a full tank of fuel, you will be reimbursed according to the separately specified mileage conversion fee. Please note that in this case, the amount will be higher than the actual fueling amount.

What should I do if I have an accident?

In the event of an accident, please take the following measures as soon as possible.
Please be sure to do this as it is an important matter for insurance/compensation coverage.
1.Rescuing the injured
2.Report the accident to the police and file an accident report (please obtain proof of accident at a later date).
3.Confirmation of the other party (contact information, insurance company, etc.)
4.Contact the insurance company’s Anshin Support Center
5.Contact Us

Fees and Payment

When should I pay?

Please make payment at the time of processing at the sales office. The basic fee, embarkation/departure fee, vehicle and property damage waiver coverage, optional fees, and consumption tax (including local consumption tax) will be paid at the time of departure, and excess time and fuel charges will be settled at the time of return.

Can I pay in cash?

As a rule, we request payment by credit card, but cash payment is also accepted.

Can I pay with electronic money or cashless payment?

Various credit cards and electronic money can be used for payment.
Please contact the store for details.

Is there an additional charge based on mileage?

There is no additional charge based on mileage.

Do the rates change depending on the time of year I rent?

High season periods such as Golden Week, summer and New Year’s holidays are available. Please check this page.

What if I need a receipt?

When you return the car, we will issue a “Rental Car Settlement Statement and Receipt”. We will write the name of the person to whom the form should be addressed, so please ask us.

Return Policy

What if I am going to be later than the scheduled return time?

Please contact the return store as soon as possible.In this case, an extension fee will be charged. In the event of an unannounced extension, a penalty fee will be charged. Also, unauthorized changes to the contracted time will be considered a violation of the lease agreement, and the customer will be responsible for all damages incurred as a result of such changes.

What if I forget something?

Please contact the rental store promptly. We will do our best to search for lost items from the time they are reported to us, but we will not be liable for compensation or damage to lost items in accordance with our Rental Agreement.

Can you come to the designated location to pick up my car?

We do not provide pick-up service to the customer’s desired location.

About the Insurance Compensation System

Do I need to purchase voluntary insurance?

The basic fee paid by the customer already includes basic coverage such as insurance, so there is no need to purchase a separate policy. However, in the event of an accident, the customer is responsible for the deductible compensation fee.

What is the indemnity plan?

This is a voluntary insurance program that covers the vehicle and property deductibles that customers are responsible for in the event of an accident. Please apply at the time of departure.
However, if a driver has been licensed for less than one year, we may decline the application.
disclaimer:The amount of money that the customer is responsible for out of the property and vehicle coverage.
Liability compensation system:System to waive deductible (50,000 yen for property and 50,000 yen for vehicle, total 100,000 yen) (*This system is not insurance.)

What is the Non-Operating Charge (NOC)?

In the unlikely event that an accident, theft, breakdown, or stain occurs during the use of a rental car that is not the responsibility of our company, and the type of vehicle or cleaning is required (burnt holes from cigarettes, strange odors from pets or raw fish, etc., stains that require time to clean), the following amounts will be charged as part of the business compensation during that period. Please note that this is different from indemnity coverage.
※If the car is not returned to the store even though it is drivable, a fee of 100,000 yen will be charged.

Are there any cases where insurance/compensation plans do not apply?

This is a voluntary insurance program that covers the vehicle and property deductibles that customers are responsible for in the event of an accident. Please apply at the time of departure.
However, if a driver has been licensed for less than one year, we may decline the application.